I've been running around the blogosphere the last few days and I've read a few of these posts now, where people post a list of their favourite or most popular posts for 2012 (could I have said the word post in that sentence any more? Maybe!).
I decided to jump on that bandwagon, because, let's face it, I love a good wagon-banding and will now present my list of Top 12's for your pleasure!
My Top 12 most popular posts of 2012 (as indicated by Google Analytics anyway!)...
1. I Must Confess: My Top 10 Fave TV Shows - this was always gonne be the most popular due to the shows mentioned. I have good taste!
2. I Heart My Body - this was a massive campaign run by the girls at We Heart Life and it went a long way to making me feel pretty warm and fuzzy
3. 2012, The Year that Was - if you want to know what happened to me throughout 2012 in a nutshell, this is the palce to go
4. The Longest Most Amazing Day of My Life - the story of Punky's birth, updated a year later to include new thoughts and reflections
5. Confessions of a New Mum: Losing my Confidence - I poured my heart out in this post about feelings I was having and discovered I'm not the only one who's felt like this
6. What, you thought this post would have a point? - it's safe to say that a lot of my posts don't have much point they're just wandering ramblings and this was no different. Includes a rant about the fuckwit who sued his wife over their ugly baby. Again, fukwit!
7. Can I Quote You on That? - Oh yeah, I invented a word. Quiptures. Read this post if you haven't heard of it yet. I predict an entry in the dictionary sometime soon
8. Don't Fucking Swear! - Apparently I'm not alone in my love of swearing and the fact that I am having trouble curbing my swearing ways in front of my daughter!
9. Word Abuse - It's a serious problem. Consider this post a public service announcement. And a warning!
10. We Need to Talk About Shopping - Did I mention I hate shopping? Yes? Well allow me to tell you just how much I really hate shopping!
11. You Shit Me to Tears! - The one where I talked shit. Literally. Why is toilet etiquette so hard to get right? Why?!?!
12. That Oh Shit! Moment - This one wasn't actually about shit, but that moment when you're formerly peacefully sleeping daughter wakes up
And my favourite 12 posts for 2012 are almost the same but slightly different...
The Countless Counting - Probably my most favourite post that I have written in 2012, or any year for that matter
|Me & the gorgeous Kelly on her birthday|
The Six-Week Shake-Up - I'd been warned that the 6 week mark with a newborn could bring some challenges and the warnings were right
My Top 10 Fave Books of All Time - Long-time readers will know I am a bookworm of the highest order and so I updated my Top 10 list that I originally wrote back in 2009. If you're looking for some good reads start here
Happy Birthday Noni! - Probably one of my fave pics of Punky, it was just one of those 'couldn't have planned it better if I tried' moments
Stroller Shenanigans - A stupid story about losing the stroller and what happened next
So, so fast - I read a post about how fast childhood goes and it resonated with me so much I just had to share and add my own thoughts
Confessions of a New Mum Part One - Learning Curves and 'Un'Enjoyment - This was my first post in the Confessions of a New Mum series and the one where I confessed that I didn't totally enjoy the first few months of Punky's life
My Daughter Used to Love Me for My Boobs - The one where I talk about how much my daughter used to love me for my boobs but now I don't know what she loves me for
Fun in the Sun at Grandma's House - I'm pretty sure its this post that garnered the search engine result for "Sun funk grandma"
The Gap - Where I asked you to tell me what your ideal age gap between kids is
You Shit Me to Tears - See above
Don't Fucking Swear - See above.
And now finally, some of the amazing bloggers I discovered in 2012. Some were new bloggers and others were just new-to-me but nevertheless I'm so glad I found them. In no particular order...
Handmade Tears and Triumphs
Housewife in Heels
The Illiterate Infant
With Some Grace
Little Bento Blog
Yellow Dandy Dreams
Mountains and Musings
Redemption in Progress
The Babbling Bandit
Ok, so that's it from me for now. As I mentioned at the top, this is my 999th post and Tuesday will be the BIG ONE! I can't stress to you enough just how BIG it will be so make sure you come back here so that you can experience the glory of the BIGNESS for yourselves!
And because it's Friday, and I just love to get my blog-flog on, I'm linking up with Grace for the very first Flog Yo Blog Friday of 2013!